Wednesday 23 March 2011

Chocolate marshmallow tart

I think I made this recipe up when I was in my teens and bored during one school holiday, but I can't be sure. All I know is that I have known how to make it since I was in high school. I made a lot of things during my high school years, and my mother often came home to a kitchen that looked something like a bombsite. Just sa well that I was at boarding school and that this activity was restricted to school holidays!

Ingredients
1 packet  biscuits for the crust
60g butter
1 bag marshmallows
1 200g slab of chocolate (I usually use milk chocolate, but on this occasion, I used 100g milk chocolate and 100g peppermint Aero)
5ml vanilla extract
Whipped cream

Method
  • Crush the biscuits, melt the butter and mix together.
  • Press into a pie dish and refrigerate until required.
  • Gently melt the chocolate and marshmallows together over a low heat, stirring all the while. If it starts to catch, add a little milk.
  • Remove from the heat and add essence.
  • Pour into crust and refrigerate until set.
  • Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Note:
Experiment with the chocolate - try orange-flavoured chocolate, for example, or plain (dark) chocolate.

1 comment: